What is HypnoBirthing®?
The Premise of HypnoBirthing® is that in the absence of special circumstance, you are perfectly created by nature to conceive, to nurture the development of your baby, and to birth the baby safely and normally. Birthing persons and their babies should be treated according to the status of their own health, not what could, or has, possibly happened to others. Birth has its own time frame. It may rest, or it may accelerate. It needs no manipulation or intervention, save for special circumstances. Babies will be born in their own time.
This program includes education in special breathing techniques, self-hypnosis, relaxation, affirmation, visualization and bonding—all designed to assist you to become empowered and confident, as you learn to trust the innate wisdom of your body to know how to birth your baby intuitively(1).
What to expect:
HypnoBirthing® Classes are taught in 5 weekly, 2.5 hour classes
– Classes are ideally built for the Birthing persons and their support partner*, however don’t worry if they can’t make it, or if you are going solo.The class is designed for you!!
✴support partner can include: husband, wife, friend, parent, sibling, whoever will be with you at your birth and can commit to the classes.
– Please bring snacks and whatever will make you comfortable during the relaxation exercises.
– Materials (handouts, book, cds) are provided and included in the cost of the class.
– There is homework! Practice makes perfect. A lot of techniques will be taught in class and it is through your practice that they will become second nature and be able to assist you in birth.
– There is a lot of information to get through, but I will do my best to ensure breaks!
(1) Catch the Wave – Mongan Method HypnoBirthing® Practitioner Handbook
SETTING THE STAGE: DEHYPNOTIZING AND BUILDING A POSITIVE EXPECTANCY
- HypnoBirthing® Philosophy
- How fear affects labour
- The power of the mind
- Psycho-physical association
- Breathing and relaxation
- Building Positive images of Birth – videos included!
- How the uterus works in Birthing
FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR BABY—PRE- BIRTH PARENTING; PREPARING YOUR MIND AND BODY
- Pre-Birth, Perinatal and Postnatal Bonding
- Preparing the mind and body for Birth
- Hypnosis Deepening and Visualization
- Releasing Fear
- Building a Partnership with Care Providers
ADVANCED VISUALIZATION AND DEEPENING
- Labour and Birthing
- Visualizations and Deepening
- How the Body prepares for birth — Your body’s perfect design
- Ideas around the EDD (Estimated Due Date)
- Initiating labour naturally
OVERVIEW AND SUMMARY OF CHILDBIRTH
- The onset of Labour
- Birth Companions support role
- Misconceptions about labour
- Hallmarks as labour advances
- Breathing and Birth Rehearsal Imagery
BIRTHING- THE FINAL ACT AND BONDING
- Optimal positioning for Baby in Labour and Birth
- Positions during labour, descent and birthing
- Breathing through labour
- Breathing with Birth
- Bonding with baby
Want to learn about birth in the comfort of your own home? Interested in more intensive one-on-one teaching? Contact me regarding private classes!